Category Archives: Spirituality

10 PRINCIPLES OF THE ARYA SAMAJ

1.God is the primary source of all true knowledge & of all that can be known through it. 2.God is existent,intelligent & blissful.He is formless,almighty,just,merciful,unborn,infinite,unchallengeable,beginning-less,incomparable the support & lord of all,omniscient,imperishable,immortal,fearless,eternal,holy & the maker of the universe.To him alone the … Continue reading

Posted in Art of Living, Spirituality | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

THREE ‘GUNAS’ OR QUALITIES

A human being is always comprised of three basic gunas-Sattva,Rajas & Tamas and it is these qualities which tend to pull the individual in different directions throughout his life.The gunas are sometimes referred to energies,sometimes qualities but it is difficult … Continue reading

Posted in Bhagavad Gita, Spirituality | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

SOAP AND WATER

Attachment & Aversion both are considered to be the obstacles to Enlightenment.Spiritual aspirant must not leave the things of this world too much;but he must not hate them either.Buddha’s beautiful quote can help one to remain detached, Removing┬áthe obstacles of … Continue reading

Posted in Spirituality, YOGA | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

FAITH

Blind credulity which accepts all kinds of dogmas & creeds without question,repeating parrot-like what has been taught & closing its ears to doubt & reason.Such faith is compounded of laziness,obstinacy,ignorance & fear.Because it is rigid & unyielding it can be … Continue reading

Posted in Enlightenment, Spirituality | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

THOUGHT

Thought is much more than something you do.It is that 99% part of you,which Buckminster Fuller referred to as invisible & untouchable.The remaining 1% is the physical body of yours which can be seen & touched. You relate everything & … Continue reading

Posted in Spirituality, Writing, YOGA | Tagged , , , | 6 Comments

SCIENCE & RELIGION part II

Half Knowledge is dangerous.Anyone who fights against Science for religion has not completely understood Science.Similarly,anyone who fights against religion for science has not completely understood the morale of religion. Majority of people believe in a god with a form & … Continue reading

Posted in physics, Spirituality, Writing | Tagged , , | 3 Comments

MYSTERY OF BHAGAVAD GITA

When I was in grade 6,I had some friends who took extra classes to learn Guitar.Even though I knew about Guitar since that time,I never considered to learn how to play one.It was only in the later part,when I had … Continue reading

Posted in Bhagavad Gita, Spirituality | Tagged , , , | 3 Comments